AuteurBericht
Odyssey

Aantal berichten : 102
Registratiedatum : 12-01-09
Leeftijd : 37

BerichtOnderwerp: Leopard 2B3 MRS   wo okt 07, 2009 7:08 pm

Can't be arsed om te vertalen Razz

Behold and shiver : the monster.
My Leopard 2B3 MRS on a whopping 1/16 scale. I went radical again and changed some things 8-). This is a mod of the standard Leopard 2A6 by Tamiya. And MRS stands for Mobile Railgun System.
I changed the barrel into a railgun and added a scratchbuilt antenna on the back of the turret. Also, 2 sensors (on fins) added on the front of the lower hull. The other antennas are steel wire.
The function of the resonance antenna (the big Star Wars-like thing on the back of the turret) is, of course, resonating which drastically increases its range. Used for the highly classified and encrypted stuff. The other antennas are regular field communication antennas.
On the side of the barrel you see 2 vents. These are exhaust ports to vent the heat and a large part of the sonic boom when the railgun is fired.
The sensors on the front of the lower hull are used by the onboard AI. If something were to happen to the driver or no driver is present, the AI takes over. Basically it can be operated by the commander only.

A futurized Leopard in the service of the Belgian army? It's unheard of. We all know the Belgian army doesn't have much in store; even us Belgians poke fun of our own military. Still, it's fun to see the look on people's faces when they see it :-D Also on conventions, when I take it along, I put up a note in front of it saying: "Too expensive for the Belgian army"
And did I mention it runs? It's an RC kit. Double fun!! And with sound: engine, main gun and machine gun firing, accelerating, decelerating, turret rotation, barrel inclination, it's all there.

Some naughty decals
On the front: Shihoun Yoruichi (Bleach)

On the back end of the resonance antenna: Dizzy (Guilty Gear)

Right side of the turret features Mikuru & Haruhi (Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya)

Lights on!

Terug naar boven Go down
Profiel bekijken http://www.daedaluskits.net
Odyssey

Aantal berichten : 102
Registratiedatum : 12-01-09
Leeftijd : 37

BerichtOnderwerp: Re: Leopard 2B3 MRS   zo okt 11, 2009 2:52 pm

n klein filmke van mijn monster in actie Cool
Terug naar boven Go down
Profiel bekijken http://www.daedaluskits.net

Leopard 2B3 MRS